Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Beautiful day today.

These are some images from today's visit. Everything seems to be going smoothly. I'm still getting the hang of working with the hives. I may be a little more ginger that I need to be, but as I inspect the frames it tears at some of the connecting comb in between the frames. I guess it's not a huge deal but I think it is. Also getting used to the frame tool, almost dropped a frame with bees on it! They weren't to happy. Fortunately the bees that did fall were over the supers. You never know where that queen is. Speaking of queens, didn't see them today but obviously they've been busy. Temp was in lower 90's with a light breeze. No storms yesterday or today but there is going to be a little cold snap in the next few days. Down in the upper 30's with some precip possible.
 Creating art while they create thir home. Amazing isn't it?
 Eggs within the comb. Great sign in colony 1. I hadn't checked for a week, and I've already found decent sized larva. Their number will increase exponentially for the rest of the summer. The queen can lay up to 1500 eggs per day!
 Meeting of the minds.
 Capped off brood. Now that's a lot of workers coming out in about 15 days.
 Not sure what the exchange was here, but it looked interesting.
 Simply bee.
Worker at hive entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment