Sunday, May 13, 2012

Checked bees today, not sure if I should be discouraged or just happy that I still see larvae and eggs in both hives. Not much going on as far as growth, however #2 colony is larger than #1. Seeing many more drones than I have before, but don't think there were many if hardly any when I installed. Guess I'll just have to be patient and see. Because #1 has been growing slower, (hardly any advancement in comb in the last few weeks) I decided to supplement their feed for a few days. Saw no queens today, but know they must be there still. Both colonies seemed a little more aggressive, but not over the top.
 Look at those wings go.
 Honeybees seem minute in comparison to this bumble.
 Now that's a Bombus for you. It was over 1-1/2"-2" long


 More drones
 and more

 and more in other hive,



No comments:

Post a Comment