Monday, April 29, 2013

4-28-13 Visit to our bees

Temperature in low 70's with hardly any wind. Beautiful day. All colonies coming along with brood and Alex also found the queens in two of the colonies. He's getting very good with that as I am always having a hard time finding them. They are hungry bees with all that comb building, with them trying to keep up with the laying of eggs. They are going through sugar water with earnest and I didn't have enough to give them with me, so I stopped out today after my aerial photo shoot. Alex took most of these images. He's getting the hang of that camera.
See the little eggs. Amazing!

Even bees know its better when made in the USA.

The Queen. She's in the center with no stripes.

A little goody left over from last year that they love to feast on.

No comments:

Post a Comment